Sunday, January 4, 2015

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin in Sauerkraut, Cranberry and Barbecue Sauce


The sauce made of sauerkraut, cranberry jelly and barbecue sauce is to die for and will make the sometimes bland, dry pork tenderloin "oh my gosh" good.  This is an easy dish to prepare in your slow cooker.  Mix the ingredients and forget it and you will end up with a spectacular dish impressive enough to serve when you have company. 

Giant Eagle Grocery was selling pork tenderloin in 6 or more lb packages for less than 2 dollars per pound this past week.  I decided to buy a 6 lb package and divided it into three 2 lb portions and stored them in ziplop bags. 

I searched the internet for a recipe that will help make the sometimes bland and dry pork tenderloin be more palatable to eat.  None appealed to me especially after reading some mixed comments so I decided on using the combination of cranberry jelly and barbecue sauce that I use for my meatball appetizer recipe.  I also decided adding sauerkraut which I felt will cut down the too sweet taste of the cranberry jelly and tone down the smokiness of the barbecue sauce.  I followed my instinct and I love the result.  I was slurping the sauce.  That was how good it was. 

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin in Sauerkraut, Cranberry and Barbecue Sauce


Ingredients:


1/2 cup cranberry jelly
1/4 cup barbecue sauce (any brand)
1/2 cup sauerkraut
2 tbsp minced dry onions
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 cups baby carrots
2 lbs pork tenderloin

Place the first five ingredients in the slow cooker bowl and blend well.  Add the baby carrots and whole pork tenderloin to the sauce ingredients.  Slow cook at high for 4 hours or at low for 8 hours.  I used the Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker and cooked it for 3 hours at slow cook setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment