Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Slow Cooker Orange Glazed Country Ribs






My husband and I ate at Fortune Buffet at Miracle Mile in Monroeville PA this past Sunday.  We both had their pork spare ribs and while I did not mind the over browned ribs my husband did not enjoy them.

I decided to look for no fuss recipes online for ribs to make up for this disappointing experience my husband had and found several using fruit preserves.  I adapted them for the slow cooker to be sure the ribs have a "fall off the bone" texture which my husband prefers.

I did not use boned in spareribs but boneless country style pork ribs which is a cheaper cut of meat. I used orange marmalade which I always have on hand.  The result is amazing. You would want to drink the sweet delicious sauce.  And yes the texture was what my husband prefers - soft and juicy.  He gave this two thumbs up.

This is an easy recipe with a short list of ingredients you might have already in your pantry. So delight your picky family members like my husband with this crowd pleasing recipe for your next dinner.


Slow Cooker Orange Glazed Country Ribs


  • 3 lb country style pork ribs (I used boneless)
  • 1\2 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
  • 1\2 cup orange marmalade or other fruit jam or preserves
  • 1\4 to 1\2 cup honey or according to your preference
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch

Place all the ingredients in a crockpot and mix well. Cook at high setting for four hours or at low for eight hours.  I cooked mine in a Crockpot Brand Casserole Slow Cooker for four hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment