Sunday, February 11, 2024

Easy Air Fryer Turon (Filipino Banana Eggroll)








I love this favorite Filipino sweet snack, turon.  They are made from Filipino lumpia wrapper which is available in the freezer section of the Asian stores. I seldom get to the Asian store but I need to take care of my craving.  One more thing, this snack is customarily made using ripened plantain  Oh my it is getting to be formidable to satisfy my craving for my turon.  

As usual, I found a way to make this snack.  I used tortillas for the wrapper which I always have on hand.  Instead of plantain I have substituted really ripe bananas so sweet I skipped adding brown sugar to the banana. I prefer to avoid oil frying so my air fryer came in handy  Here is my modified version of turon. I have eaten this snack morning, noon, and night. My picky husband likes it too.  

Easy Air Fryer Turon (Filipino Banana Egg Roll)


Ingredients 

1 very ripe banana 

4 small tortillas 

Maple or date syrup or any syrup (optional)


Instructions 

Cut the banana into strips  

Microwave the tortillas for 20 seconds to soften them  

Place the banana strips on the tortilla  

Put the top edge of the tortilla over the banana fold over the left and right sides of tortilla and then roll it like  a burrito  

Air fry at 400 for 9 minutes. 

Pour over syrup on top of air-fried turon if you wish. 

Enjoy!  Addictive. 















No comments:

Post a Comment