Saturday, August 16, 2014

Egg, Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper on a Pretzel Roll


 

Marion's sandwich inspired this

During the final workout at Curves Monroeville today, the owner Marion served something she created,  a bagel sandwich with fried egg, mozarella cheese and fresh spinach.  So yummy I wanted to recreate it with what I had on hand today. This is what I came up with.    The combination of what I used actually works.  The balsamic dressing gives it a sweet tangy taste which complements the roasted red pepper.  The egg offers the lusciousness to the sandwich.  If you want a change in your breakfast, lunch or dinner menu this is it.
 

Egg, Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper on a Pretzel Roll

(one serving)
 
  • 1 4 oz Pretzel Roll
  • 1 piece roasted red pepper from a jar, drained
  • 1 fried egg (over easy was how I prepared it)
  • 1 oz piece of Monterey Jack cheese or any other cheese
  • lettuce leaves of your choice
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp splenda
  •  
Prepare the balsamic dressing by mixing 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar with 1 tbsp splenda or sugar.  I used half of this amount and kept the rest for another sandwich.
 
Fry the egg in vegetable oil to preferred consistency.  I prepared mine over easy. 
 
Spread the balsamic dressing with a brush on the two separated pieces of pretzel roll.  Top one piece with lettuce leaves, cheese, fried egg and roasted red pepper.  Place the other piece of pretzel on top.  Have a piece of napkin ready and enjoy the yummy sandwich.

 Notes:

1.  I used frozen Superpretzel Gourmet Pretzel Roll from GFS Monroeville which I thawed and heated lightly in the toaster oven.
 
2.  I like using De Lallo's brand Roasted Red Pepper.  I also bought one from Tuesday Morning which had similar quality.
 
3.  You can substitute bagels for the pretzel roll.
 
Towering goodness of a sandwich.



Almost all gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment