Saturday, August 23, 2014

Suz's Gumband Bracelet - My New Favorite Thing

 



 

We had a ladies' luncheon at Fortune Buffet at Indiana County, Pa this past Wednesday. Past and former women members of the Chemistry Department of IUP gathered to a delicious lunch to mark the coming start of the classes next week.  Also in attendance during this luncheon was Susan, Wendy's daughter.  Wendy is one of the professors at IUP who has brought Susan since she was a toddler to IUP.  Since classes at Franklin Regional High School where Susan attends, has not started yet, we had the delight of having Susan with us and I requested her to sit in front of me at the table to amuse me.

I had fun talking to Susan and learned about her liking for fried doughnuts, one of the fare at the buffet and Thai food especially Pad Thai at Green Mango at Monroeville.  She also told me about her new hobby, making gumband bracelets.  She offered to make me one that very same day. 

While I was finishing up my lecture packet back at IUP, I was pleasantly surprized to find Susan at my office with the gumband bracelet.  This was just a few minutes after we got back to the Chemistry Department.  She made it that fast using the kit below.



She made it a point that I got a bracelet with the colors I liked and below are pictures of her beautiful creation.  I love it and is now one of my favorite things to wear.  Thank you Susan!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment