Thursday, August 25, 2016

Imperfections



According to Richard Rohr, we can only be whole if we accept our imperfections. God loves us unconditionally so why should we not do the same with ourselves..

I only found inner peace these past few years when I learned to forgive myself when I say the wrong thing or make the wrong move in a situation.  I used to dread going through the day's events at night before I sleep since I would be feeling so small having said this or done that.

It does not mean I am not sorry for what I have done but I am embracing more my being human and not too hard on myself. My imperfections are part and parcel of my whole self. I have found more peace as I end the day and also in starting a new day when I have lived with my whole self with all its dings.


No comments:

Post a Comment