Sunday, April 16, 2017

Slow Cooker Three Ingredient Easter Ham





Aside from the ham, I used two other ingredients shown below. I was surprised it was a hit with my family in today's Easter Dinner. The slow cooker made it even simpler.  I just dumped the three ingredients in the slow cooker and made the steak and the other sides.  I did not have to worry of warming it up before dinner since my slow cooker had a keep warm mode at the end of cooking.  The sauce is not gooey but one can concentrate the juice generated on the stove if you want but I did not.  I just served the ham straight from the slow cooker and just douse it with the sauce. If you do not have the pineapple honey mustard, any mustard would do.  The orange marmalade dominated the flavor and that is all you need.  The pineapple was just a whisper.



Three Ingredient Easter Ham

  • 8 oz sweet orange marmalade
  • 8 oz pineapple honey mustard (Note 1)
  • 4 lb ham slices
Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker.  Cook for 3 hours at high setting or 6 hours a low.  I cooked mine in an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 2 hours at slow cooker setting.

Note

1.  One can substitute any mustard.  One can add honey and crushed pineapple.  But as I said in the introduction the dominant flavor is the orange marmalade.  

No comments:

Post a Comment