Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Blueberry Muffins from Homemade Pancake Mix



My husband loves blueberry buttermilk pancakes and I have posted a recipe which I consider the best ever for fluffy ones. I decided to try to make a muffin version of it so he can take some to work.

I went online and found a source , WikiHow, with three versions. I tried two of them and my husband chose the muffin using this recipe I am sharing with you.

I used homemade pancake mix the recipe of which I am also sharing in this blog post.  One for one batch and another for a big batch. I prepared the latter by taking the quantities of the first batch and multiplied it by five. Dah.  I or my calculator did the math for you.  I provided both recipes below for your convenience. Sometimes taking out the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda just discourages me to bake so I like preparing big batches of mixes.



Blueberry Muffins from Homemade Pancake Mix

Makes 12 muffins ( this is half the recipe in WikiHow)

  • 1 1/4 cup of the big batch homemade pancake mix or 1 1/4 cup of the one batch 
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup buttermilk (or place 2 tsp vinegar in a 1-cup measuring cup and add the 2 percent milk to the rim)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • Bag of Frozen blueberries or fresh. Four per muffin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.

Mix all the ingredients except the blueberries in a medium bowl. Distribute the batter into the muffin pan using an ice cream scoop.  Place four blueberries per muffin.

Bake at a preheated oven for 17 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.

One Batch Homemade Pancake Mix


  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.  


Big Batch Homemade Pancake Mix

  • 10 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 1/2 tsp salt
Mix all the ingredients in a large container with a large spoon and replace the cap and shake well.

No comments:

Post a Comment