Thursday, January 25, 2018

Shalom




Life's reality.
A beginning and an end.
Hello and goodbye.


Note: I used the nativity scene for this haiku. It was used as the backdrop for the meditation and homily given by Fr Tony during the beautiful Taize service last night at St. Bernadette Church. Fr Tony stated that the nativity is a symbol of inclusiveness, Jesus came for all, Catholics, Jews et al and even nonbelievers. So for this haiku, I just realized after I used it that using  the word shalom is putting two different faiths for the same message of life's reality. In retrospect an unintentional display of unity.

Shalom, a Jewish word, stands for both hello and goodbye. I used it to signify the beginning
of Jesus' life as shown in the nativity. I find the incarnation very important even more significant at the end of His life as a reminder He came to show us His love not only by dying on the cross but also by being like us starting as a little baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment