Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup



This is easy. No chopping involved. No sauteing. No special ingredients. Most are staples in your pantry or spice rack. Most of us usually have frozen cut broccoli in our freezer and cheeses slices in the deli drawer in our fridge.

One recipe I read uses Velveeta cheese which I did not have so I used American cheese slices which my husband uses for the sandwiches he brings to work. They melt just as easily and as creamy. The resulting soup is pretty close to what Panera bread serves.

This soup got two thumbs up from my husband who is becoming a soup Nazi in this cold weather. I notice when he comes home these days he just gobbles the soup I serve him for dinner and most of the time not eat the other dishes I cooked that night. So I am into preparing all kinds of soups for my man.

This is an easy one. Just dump it in the slow cooker and forget it. It can be cooked in the stove too.


Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup


  • 3 cups water
  • 3 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp dry onion flakes
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch in 2 tbsp water
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 1-16 oz package frozen cut broccoli 
  • 8 American cheese slices

Place all the ingredients in the crock pot except the cheese. Cook for 3 hours at high or 6 hours at low setting. At the last few minutes add the cheese slices and allow them to melt.


No comments:

Post a Comment