Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Wings




I wanted an Asian chicken dish with no aromatics like garlic and ginger which I am supposed to avoid before my surgery since they claim they could also promote bleeding like aspirin and fish oil during surgery. I found this recipe in an Asian cookbook I bought for two dollars from thr Oakmont Library. I adapted it for the slow cooker. Here is this simple but delicious dish. 


Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Wings

  • 3 lb chicken wings
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 2 tbsp Soy sauce
  • 3 tsp Sesame oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch in 2 tbsp water

Place all the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours or 6 hours at low setting. I cooked mine in an Aroma brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 2 hours at slow cooker setting 

You can serve it with cut green onions and steamed napa cabbage and also steamed rice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment