Thursday, October 11, 2018

Glorified Aldi's Cream Puffs



One of my favorite desserts that my former high school classmate from St. James Academy, Malabon Philippines, Josie Almassy, served to us, Lita, Lulu and myself, during our visit at her fabulous mansion/museum house in Dixon, Illinois, was the Cream Puffs from Aldi.

I developed a craving for them and when I arrived in Pittsburgh I bought some.  They come frozen, as shown below, and can be eaten unthawed or thawed. My granddaughter, Maddie, fell in love with this treat and we both ate them frozen.  When I learned they can be eaten thawed, I decided to look for ways to glorify it.






Here are pictures from our visit at the Almassys in Dixon, Illinois. Thanks Josie and Imre for your hospitality.












I got the idea of glorifying the cream puffs from the ones served at the Mad Hatters Tea event at the Flowers in the Attic Restaurant at Penn Hills, PA. See photos below. You will find it is easy to embellish the cream puffs with the help of readily available items in your pantry.

Easy peasy and elegant. They would not know you had help from your friends, Aldi and your pantry.




Coconut Frosted Cream Puffs

  • 1\2 cup powdered  sugar
  • 3  tsp milk
  • 1 cup shredded coconut

Mix the first two ingredients. Dip the whole cream puff in the mixture and roll in the coconut.

Chocolate Covered Cream Puffs

  • Bottled chocolate fudge
  • Sprinkles

Dip  top of cream puff in bottled chocolate fudge and then add the sprinkles on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment