Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Cashew Queso

 





I declare what I have prepared addictive when it haunts me in the middle of the night that I have to get up and smear it all over a piece of crusty bread.  I just did that during the early hours of this morning. I have this Cashew Queso to blame and also that crusty bread I bought at the Farmers Market yesterday morning. 

The cheese recipe is based on what supposedly is a three ingredient vegan cheese from this site.  I however tweaked it and made it to my own taste.  The green chilies give more that green pepper taste rather than the expected overbearing kick. 

Voila I made a monster of a cheese that is good as a dip or spread or used in preparing burritos or wraps or tacos.


Cashew Queso

Adapted from this site

  • 1 cup cashew
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1- 4 oz green chilies
  • 1 tbsp garlic flakes
  • 1 tbsp nutritional yeast 
  • 1/4 tsp each cumin, onion and chili powder
  • Salt to taste


    Add all the ingredients in a blender.

    Blend till the mixture is smooth or the consistency you like.













    No comments:

    Post a Comment