Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Cauliflower Walnut Chorizo

 


Well this is the closest I can get to Chipotle's Plant Based Chorizo Bowl.  I tried several recipes of vegan chorizo and finally used an adapted recipe from of all things, vegan baked hard cheese.  What!! Yes.  I was tasting the cheese before baking and it was what my mind wants my chorizo in my bowl to taste.  I just deleted the use of water.  For me, it is better than Chipotle's which is made from pea protein plus tons of other ingredients.  





I have in the past used another cauliflower walnut meat recipe, but this is different.  Love both. This recipe is smokier like chorizos should be and has a tangier twang to it.  Both are good.


Cauliflower Walnut Chorizo


  • 2 cups cauliflower florets roughly chopped 
  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped coarsely
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika 
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
 

Mix the cauliflower and walnuts in a bowl.  Set aside.

In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.  Add to the cauliflower and walnut mixture. 

Bake at 350 F for 8 min or less in air fryer   Place in lowest shelf.  Or just place in skillet to just warm the mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment