Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Pray Share Chat 7/27/2022 Focus on Unknowing

Focus of today's meeting is unknowing.

1.  Meditation

 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BbCZ131Zw8o



2. Song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wMmmbJlWhtk


3.  Narrative

Wednesday, May 11th, 2022

Richard Rohr's Daily Meditations

From the Center for Action and Contemplation

Unknowing

 In his poem “Glosa á lo Divino,” John of the Cross reveals his deep trust in the mystery of “not knowing,” confident that it will lead him into greater intimacy with God. We share with you Mirabai Starr’s translation.

I would not sacrifice my soul 

for all the beauty of this world. 


There is only one thing

for which I would risk everything: 

an I-don’t-know-what

that lies hidden

in the heart of the Mystery. 


The taste of finite pleasure

leads nowhere.

All it does is exhaust the appetite 

and ravage the palate.

And so, I would not sacrifice my soul 

for all the sweetness of this world. 


But I would risk everything 

for an I-don’t-know-what 

that lies hidden

in the heart of the Mystery. 


The generous heart

does not collapse into the easy things, 

but rises up in adversity.

It settles for nothing.

Faith lifts it higher and higher. 


Such a heart savors

an I-don’t-know-what

found only in the heart of the Mystery. 


The soul that God has touched 

burns with love-longing.

Her tastes have been transfigured. 

Ordinary pleasures sicken her. 

She is like a person with a fever; 

nothing tastes good anymore. 


All she wants

is an I-don’t-know-what 

locked in the heart of 

the Mystery. . . .


I will never lose myself

for anything the senses can taste, 

nor for anything the mind can grasp, 

no matter how sublime, 

    how delicious.

I will not pause for beauty,

I will not linger over grace.

I am bound for

an I-don’t-know-what

deep within the heart of the Mystery.


—John of the Cross, Glosa á lo Divino, trans. Mirabai Starr


Mirabai Starr, Saint John of the Cross: Luminous Darkness (Albuquerque, NM: CAC Publishing, 2022), 73–75. The phrase “glosa á lo divino” refers to a spiritual commentary. 


4.  Prayer

Most High, Glorious God,
enlighten the darkness of our minds.
Give us a right faith, a firm hope and a perfect charity,
so that we may always and in all things
act according to Your Holy Will. Amen.

— By Saint Francis of Assisi

5.  Meditation

https://youtu.be/v5o8GJ3npTw


6.  Song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w56QNV---10





No comments:

Post a Comment