Sunday, June 25, 2017

Slow Cooker Sour Cream Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes




I asked my husband what he wanted for lunch today and he requested no frills ham.  I have to think of a potato side dish to go with it and this is what I came up with.  He gave it a two thumbs up.

It is a slow cooker scalloped potatoes which I thought was better than any sour cream boxed one I have had before.  It is made from readily available ingredients in your fridge.  This was inspired by a recipe I found in the getcrocked.com website.  I tweaked it into this simpler form. I used sour cream instead of the cream cheese in the recipe and also used dry onion and garlic powder for convenience. I mixed all the ingredients in the crock pot bowl to minimize on dishes to wash.  I also added cornstarch to thicken the sauce.  For the cheese I chose mozzarella but you can use which you have or prefer.  This cheese paired well with the sour cream to make a white creamy sauce.  Beautiful and oh so delicious.

Slow Cooker Sour Cream Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3 lbs Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced
Butter the bowl of the crock pot.  Place all the ingredients except the potatoes in the crock pot.  Mix thoroughly with a spoon.  Place the potatoes on top of the mixture.  Cook on high for 3 hours or 6 hours on low.  I cooked mine in an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 2 hours at slow cooker setting.  You can sprinkle with dried parsley on top if you wish.




No comments:

Post a Comment