Thursday, June 15, 2017

Strawberry Muffin in a Mug Using Homemade Pancake Mix



Sometimes you wake up in the morning and you want a muffin. And quick.  You want not just any muffin but a fruit filled one. This is it.  It was that kind of morning today so I decided to even make it easier by using my big batch homemade pancake mix I made two days ago. The recipe is provided below. Using this, I at least whittle down the number of ingredients I needed to five excluding the fruit.

I based this recipe loosely on the coffee cake one I found in the blog Chocolate Covered Katie except I substituted my homemade pancake mix for some of the ingredients. I also skipped the streusel topping in the coffee cake recipe and mixed strawberries to the batter instead.



Strawberry Muffin in a Mug from Homemade Pancake Mix



  • 3 tbsp Homemade Pancake Mix (recipe for Big and One  Batch are shown below)
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp water
  • 2 tsp oil
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 1 strawberry cut into pieces
Mix the pancake mix and the sugar right in the mug or cup.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a fork.  Add the strawberry pieces and mix.

Microwave for 1 minute at high setting. (I used a 1100 watt microwave oven).  


One Batch Homemade Pancake Mix


  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.  


Big Batch Homemade Pancake Mix

  • 10 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 1/2 tsp salt
Mix all the ingredients in a large container with a large spoon and replace the cap and shake well.

No comments:

Post a Comment