Sunday, August 20, 2017

Homemade Pasta Dough




What do you do with leftover pierogie dough? Make pasta noodle out of it. That was what I did when I took home some dough from the pierogie making session at our church.

My husband loved the dish I made from the pasta I decided to obtain the recipe from Judy who in turn got it from Sharon our church pierogie lady.

I tweaked the recipe by using water instead of potato water and used oil. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer to knead the dough but one can do it manually too.  To flatten the dough I utilized a plain rolling pin to do the job. It was actually relaxing.  I then used a pizza cutter to cut it into strips.


I felt really proud after I made my first homemade pasta dough. It was simpler and easier than I thought. I felt like I was some Italian mama.

Here is the recipe.

Homemade Pasta Dough


  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 7 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 2 tsp salt


Mix the ingredients using a fork in your mixer bowl and then using the dough hook knead the mixture till it forms into an elastic ball.

Roll the dough with a rolling pin on a floured surface. Add flour on top.  Cut the dough with a knife or pizza cutter into strips. Or you can fold the dough first several times and cut through to make the strips.

Add the dough into boiling water and cook till your desired consistency.





No comments:

Post a Comment