Sunday, August 6, 2017

Strawberry Mint Ice Cream



This was inspired by the No Fuss Banana and Mango Ice Cream I posted in this blog. I used ripe bananas as in the source of the recipe but this time I used strawberries for the mango.  I added mint leaves to the list of ingredients for added flavor.  For some reason the mint plant I had in my deck planter survived the winter and came back this summer even when I just let it grow unattended.  


Mint growing with other herbs etc I could not recognize in an unattended planter. 

Other modifications in the original recipe I made was use almond milk instead of full fat coconut.  I also did add maple syrup in this present version.  I also used the blender as in the original recipe making it a another No Fuss recipe.

Strawberry Mint Ice Cream

Inspired by this blogpost

  • 3 ripe bananas, frozen and cut into one inch pieces
  • 8 oz strawberries
  • 8-10  mint leaves
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/4  tsp cinnamon
Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse till they are well mixed. Place in a container and freeze for 5 hours or overnight.  If it gets too hard to scoop out, just place the container in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment