Sunday, December 16, 2018

Vegan Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread




I love Panera plain bagels and also their array of cream cheese spreads. Once I tried Sally Lipsky’s cashew spread during our Plant Based Group Meeting I was convinced it could take the place of cream cheese and be a vegan version. It has the texture and the taste. I decided to satisfy my craving for a Cranberry flavored one and this is what I came up with. It makes my breakfast and snack times happy these days.

Vegan Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread 

Adapted from a recipe from this book

1 cup cashew
1\4 of a lemon including rind
1 tbsp miso
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1\4 tsp dry garlic flakes
water as needed
1\4 cup whole cranberries from a can (you can add more after blending)

Blend all the ingredients to the consistency you want.  I used a Cuisinart stick blender. Add more cranberries if you like after blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment