Sunday, June 3, 2018

Slow Cooker Chicken in Texas Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce





I fell in love with the Texas Roadhouse Baked Chicken when my husband and I ate lunch there recently. I asked the waitress if they sell their barbecue sauce and I found out they did not though their steak sauce was available.

I googled the recipe and came up with this one that I adapted and used below. It is on the sweet side and mildly tangy and perfect for slow cooker chicken recipes. And so I just did that.


Slow Cooker Chicken in Texas Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce

Adapted from this recipe


  • 5 lb chicken thighs
  • 1\2 cup vinegar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1\2 cup tomato paste
  • 1\2 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp onion powder or flakes
  • 1 1\2 tbsp molasses
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1\4 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1\4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1\4 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
Combine all the sauce ingredients in the slow cooker and mix well.  Add the chicken pieces. Cook for four hours at high setting or eight hours at low.  I used the Aroma brand rice cooker/slow cooker for two hours at slow cooker setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment