Saturday, March 23, 2019

Vegan White Beans Red Pepper Hummus


This oil free recipe was adapted from the one from my delightful friend, Britanny Jaroudi's, YouTube Channel. She used chickpeas which I did not have when I wanted some hummus. I resorted to using Northern White Beans and added roasted red pepper from a jar. I suggest you allow the hummus to sit overnight for the flavors to blend. It is addictive and a crowd pleaser. My daughters and husband relished it with tortilla chips. You will too.

Vegan White Beans Red Pepper Hummus

  • 1-15 oz can northern white beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 large pieces roasted pepper in water from jar
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 4 large garlic cloves
  • 1 half lemon juiced
  • 1 1/2 tbsp miso
  • 3/4 tbsp cumin
  • black pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 packet or 1/2 tsp stevia
Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse till smooth. If you can wait, let the hummus sit overnight in the fridge before eating for the flavors to blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment