Wednesday, January 22, 2020

My impossible wish for maddie



That you will always find the thrill in finding your elf in its hiding place. That missing a morning to find it is not an option, more important than staying overnight with Lolo and Lola, grandpa and grandma in Tagalog respectively..

Oh how you shed cupious tears when your Dada insisted that you stay overnight with us. He did not want me to take another trip to your house the next day to babysit you on your day off from school.  I just quietly stayed out of the way of your power struggle with your Dada. You did sleep at our house.  Dada won.

Finding your elf in its hiding place is not something I did with your mama though I had several toy elves I have could have used.  Your Lolo's mother never taught me that custom at all.  I finally understood why you cried when we finally got to your house past lunch time.  That morning, you sort of forgot about the elf since we had a great time at the Oakmont library and then lunch at Panera like we used to before you started kindergarten,  I will not forget that excitement in your steps as you entered your house to look for the elf.  The seriousness in your quest for finding the elf was intense.  You went through every possible nooks and crannies, high and low in your house. The joy in your squeal when you finally found it on the shelf among several plates and cups in the curio cabinet was heartwarming.   I do not know how you found it but you did.

I know there will come a time when this obsession of finding the hidden elf will pass but I hope you will discover another challenge in  your life to seek and find not necessarily an object.  Maybe a quest for happiness or maybe peace or some goal you want fulfilled. I hope you will always find joy when you do reach that aha moment. 









No comments:

Post a Comment