Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Air Fryer Vegan Omelet Stuffed Eggplant

 







Stuffed eggplant is a favorite dish for breakfast or even dinner in the Philippines. I have posted a fusion version of this popular Filipino breakfast fare in a past blogpost  This time I am using vegan tofu mixture to stuff baby eggplants.

Tofu scramble is a dish I love for breakfast.  I have a past recipe wherein I stuffed it into a burrito tortilla.  This time vegetables are the ones stuffed. How healthy is that.

I am a fan of baby eggplants.  I was introduced to them when I was shopping at the Monroeville Farmers Market.  I actually have a post in this blog of air fried baby eggplants which is to die for. These vegetables are so cute and versatile. They are easier to work with than the large American or even slim Asian eggplants.










You can also use the tofu mixture to stuff sweet red peppers. They are so sweet I eat them raw with gusto.  Now I can make them more delicious stuffed with this vegan tofu mixture.


Air Fryer Vegan Omelet Stuffed Eggplant 

Inspired by this site.


Ingredients:

  • 3 baby eggplants, microwaved, unpeeled
  • 1 medium sweet potato, microwaved and then peeled
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup mashed firm tofu
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vegetable broth
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
  • 2 tbsp water


Cut the baby eggplant in half  without cutting all the way through into a butterfly shape leaving the stem on as much as possible. Place in a microwave safe container and bake till soft.  Set aside.

Combine the other ingredients in a bowl and mash them till they are well mixed. 

Place enough of the tofu mixture into the fleshy side of the eggplant.

Air fry the eggplant stuffed side up at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.

Note: You can use the tofu mixture to stuff sweet red peppers. Cut the peppers in half, remove seeds and stuff with tofu mixture.  Air fry same way as the eggplant.




No comments:

Post a Comment