Thursday, March 19, 2020

Instant Pot Pork Afritada





Being homebound due to the Covid-19 calls for comfort food that is easy.  I resorted to cooking in my Instant Pot one of the Filipinos' go to comfort food we refer to as afritada. It is chicken or pork cooked in tomatoes.  I used pork this time and since I like my carrots, celery and green pepper not mushy I pressure cooked them for one minute after I pressure cooked the meat.  I am happy with the result.  Nice eat while bingeing on Law and Order marathon tv reruns.


Instant Pot Pork Afritada


Inspired by this recipe and this in this blog

  • 3 lb pork country ribs or any other type, cut into one or one half inch cubes
  • 1 onion, chopped or 2 tsp minced dry onions
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 tsp dry garlic flakes
  • 4 potatoes, cut into 1-cubes 
  • 1-14 oz can diced tomatoes 
  • 3 tbsp tomato paste
  • 2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 2 tsp whole peppercorn
  • 1 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 green pepper, sliced 
  • 4 carrots, sliced into 1 inch pieces
  • 3 stalks celery, sliced 

Place all the ingredients except the carrots, celery and green pepper in the Instant Pot.

Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes. Quick release. Then add the carrots, celery and green pepper. Cook at high pressure for 1 minute.  Serve with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment