Thursday, April 15, 2021

My Easter Wow Cake

 



This was my ooo lala cake I made for our Easter brunch. It was inspired by the one I saw in Facebook.  I made it easier to prepare by using dessicated coconut dyed green instead of piping green icing on top of the cake as the original recipe suggested. I did get my hands all green cuz I was ummm bit clumsy. Overall some friends when they saw the photos could not believe that I made it all by myself. It was that impressive. It really easy peasy to put together.

Anyway it was special times with my family.  We all got our vaccine shots and celebrating together in a relaxed manner for the first time after almost a year. A long time. Thank you Jesus.

My daughter's family posed for their yearly Easter photo in front of our house. And the two kids did the yearly riddle Easter hunt. We placed a dollar in each plastic egg.  They opened gifts brought by their Aunt B.  Then we ate the feast of steak, salmon, steamed asparagus and carrots, sausage casserole prepared by my daughter, Hawaiaan rolls and fruits brought by my other daughter and the Wow cake. Then we watched Sponge Bob the movie. Then I took a nap. I was happy.  We were all happy.  Christ is risen. Alleluia.







Here I am in my favorite pandemic outfit, my nightgown, proudly showing off my masterpiece.






My Easter Wow Cake


1 box chocolate cake mix (or use any other flavor) (will need 3 eggs, 1/2 cup oil and water)
2 cans cream cheese frosting (or use any other flavor)
1 package yellow peeps
1 package blue or pink peeps
1-2 cups sweet desiccated coconut flakes
green food coloring
1 package jelly beans


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Spray two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans. Set aside.

Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions. 

Pour batter equally into the two cake pans.

Bake according to the time in the package.

Cool the cake.

With a knife, cut off a bit of the top of one cake to even it out.

Place this layer in your serving container and spread some of the frosting on top.

Position the other cake on top and generously frost the two layers with the

icing.

Place the peeps, alternating the colors, on the side of the frosted cake.

In a small bowl, place the dessicated coconut.  Add the green color to the coconut flakes till they are green.

Spread the dyed coconut on top of the cake.

Distribute the jelly beans on top.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment