Sunday, December 25, 2022

Blueberry Cupcakes from Brownie Mix












Instead of blueberry cookies from a yellow cake mix, see this recipe, I decided to make blueberry Cupcakes using a brownie mix.  I want to win over my chocolate loving grandkids. 

I made it vegan using flax meal for eggs and applesauce for oil.  I decided to add oat milk to make it cake like.  

I got my blueberry into my system plus chocolate in these cupcakes. Both are good sources of antioxidants. I skipped the oil and eggs which made them healthier.  

They are delicious. The blueberries gave the cupcakes a moist center as a bonus. 

I did not frost it and just decorated with pretzels and M&M’s for fun. 


Blueberry Cupcakes from A Brownie Mix


  • 1 box brownie mix 18.3 oz
  • 2 tbsp flax meal plus 6 tbsp water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes
  • 1/2 cup applesauce 
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries 
  • 1-2 tbsp oat milk 


Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Line muffin pan with paper liner and set aside  

Mix  all ingredients in a bowl.

Using ice cream scoop transfer the batter into the muffin lined pan. 

Bake for 25- 30 minutes till toothpick comes out clean  







No comments:

Post a Comment