Sunday, October 5, 2014

"He Knitted Us Together in Our Mother's Womb"



The pastor at IUP St. Thomas More Church, Fr. Alan N. Polczynski, beautifully pointed out the significance of the following Psalm 139 as part of his sermon on Friday, October 3, 2014.  God does know us through and through and we should marvel and be comforted with this thought. He particularly gushed over the line,  "He has knitted us together in our mother's womb". 

The picture above with the quote features my daughter Wendy and Maddie our first grandchild when she was born on July 30, 2013.  Maddie was born by caesarean since her mother had only two veins going to her placenta and as a result Maddie was born small though she was full term.  This image came to mind as the pastor went through his inspiring homily. 

The whole responsorial psalm which usually is not the topic of a homily was used by Fr. Alan because as he said it is so beautiful.  I have heard of the more familiar first lines but not the one quoted in the image above.  Thank you Fr. Alan. 

Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 139:1-3, 7-8, 9-10, 13-14


1 [For the choirmaster Of David Psalm] Yahweh, you examine me and know me,
2 you know when I sit, when I rise, you understand my thoughts from afar.
3 You watch when I walk or lie down, you know every detail of my conduct.
7 Where shall I go to escape your spirit? Where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I scale the heavens you are there, if I lie flat in Sheol, there you are.
9 If I speed away on the wings of the dawn, if I dwell beyond the ocean,
10 even there your hand will be guiding me, your right hand holding me fast.
13 You created my inmost self, knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 For so many marvels I thank you; a wonder am I, and all your works are wonders. You knew me through and through,


 

No comments:

Post a Comment