Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pumpkin Pepperoni Dip



This is a nice change from the other usual savory dips people bring to parties and perfect for an autumn affair with its pumpkin flavor.

I brought this dip to a meeting and some of those who attended found the taste interesting while some really liked it.  Linda who adheres to a gluten free diet and whom I especially made this dip for liked it enough and took what was left home. 

Linda and Sister Mary Cordia helping themselves to the Pumpkin Pepperoni Dip (in the foreground) during our Associate History Orientation Meeting this past Sunday.

I adapted this from the gimme some oven website's Savory Pumpkin Dip recipe which used bacon, green onions and roasted pecans.  I substituted pepperoni for the bacon since I was too lazy to prepare bacon.  My green onions in the fridge have seen better days so I used white onions instead.  I used roasted sunflower seeds instead of roasted pecans since I have a lot of them and I wanted to use them up.  Plus they were already roasted and small in size so they did not have to be chopped.  You might have noticed I love to cut on labor as much as possible.  I also felt that the dip I prepared needed a pinch or so of sugar (I used Splenda) since I found the resulting dip a bit salty for my taste. 

 


Pumpkin Pepperoni Dip


(Adapted from gimme some oven)      

4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1/4 cup grated cheese (I used Monterey Jack)
2 tbsps chopped pepperoni
2 tbsps chopped white onion
2 tbsps sunflower seeds
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp Splenda (optional. I used this to offset the saltiness of the other ingredients)


Mix all the ingredients.  Serve with crackers.  (I served mine with gluten free rice crackers to make it a totally gluten free appetizer). 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment