Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Slow Cooker Thai Sweet Chili Chicken



Do you want an easy but delicious dish for your next dinner or football party?  This dish can can fill the bill without question.   It is very simple to prepare that will leave you time to do other things like pick up the kids from soccer practice while it is cooking or decorate your house for your football gathering.  The original recipe uses chicken wings which would be more convenient to use as appetizers.

The exotic ingredients like Fish sauce and Thai sweet chili sauce are in the Asian food section of most grocery stores.   I even spotted bottles of the Thai sweet chili sauce at the Dollar Tree Store.  So you know now it is affordable. 

According to my notes this was concocted by Chef Danielle Turner.  However, I went back to get the internet source for this exact recipe and found the one noted in the recipe below without mention of Chef Turner.  Anyway whoever it was who invented this recipe, the person did a wonderful job preparing a simple but very delicious dish.  According to my notes, my husband gave it the thumbs up when I first made this.  I still have to serve it this time around and I could hardly wait to see his reaction.

I made a smaller batch (half of the original) than suggested in the original recipe which used 5 lbs chicken wings.

Slow Cooker Thai Sweet Chili Chicken

Internet Source

Ingredients:


  • 3/4 cups Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
  • 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 6 pieces chicken legs (2.5 lbs chicken wings will be ideal so you can serve them as appetizers)

Place the all the ingredients in the crock pot bowl and mix them thoroughly.

Add the chicken legs to the crock pot and coat with sauce.

Cook for 4 hours at high or 8 hours at low.  I used an Aroma Rice Cooker/Slow Cooker where I cooked the mixture for 2 hours at slow cook setting. 

You can serve the chicken without the sauce or serve it over rice with the sauce. This is particularly good with just raw cut Napa cabbage as a side dish.





No comments:

Post a Comment