Saturday, September 12, 2015

Red Beets and Goat Cheese Soft Tacos











Red beets and goat cheese go together like Marilyn Monroe and diamonds or Jack and Jill.  I saw this soft taco prepared with these two ingredients in Unique Eats, one of my favorite shows on TV and I just felt I had to have it. In the first place I had all the ingredients needed. 

The restaurant that featured this in their menu prepared their own pickled beets but I decided to use what I already had, a bottled one that had been sitting in my fridge begging to be utilized.  Oh my, the resulting taco was irresistible I could not stop eating it.  I decided to make the recipe simple and just added cilantro and chopped romaine lettuce.  No spread or mayo was used.  I felt there was no need. You absolutely should try this.

Red Beets and Goat Cheese Soft Tacos

1 serving (2 tacos)
  • 10 slices pickled beets from a bottle, as is or cut into cubes
  • 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
  • 2 sprigs cilantro
  • 2 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
  • 2 4-inch tortilla
For each taco, place 5 slices of beets, 2 oz goat cheese, 1 sprig cilantro and 1 romaine lettuce on a tortilla and then fold it over.  Repeat the procedure with the second one.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment