Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Easy Four Ingredient Hamburger Patties


Some like their hamburgers just seasoned with salt and pepper.  That is tasty especially if you have excellent beef to begin with.  But I like mine with a bit more oomph to it.  I tasted this hamburger at my daughter's place as their leftover from a picnic during the US open at Oakmont, PA where they live.  I brought it home and my husband fell in love with it.

When I asked my daughter the recipe she told me she got it from the George Foreman Grill recipe book.  It called for Lipton Onion soup mix and bread crumbs. I did not like using this soup mix since it has some additives in it. When a recipe calls for it I rely on my dry onion flakes and dry garlic flakes and the combination is a good substitute.  I used it in this recipe and it gave successful results.

Try this recipe next time you have a barbecue.  It is an easy crowd pleaser.

Easy Four Ingredient Hamburger Patties

  • 2.5 lb ground beef (Note 1)
  • 1/4 cup dry onion flakes
  • 1/4 cup dry garlic flakes
  • 1 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 1 tbsp oil
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.  If you are using lean beef (90% or higher for example) you might need to add a tbsp of water or more so you can shape them into patties.  

Place oil in a saute pan and heat to medium heat.  Place the patties in the heated pan.  Let the patties sear and then add 1 tbsp water and cover the pan.  Flip the burger when one side gets brown and allow the other side to brown.

Notes:

1.  75-85% lean beef is best.  If one uses 90% lean and above you would needed to add water in order to shape the meat into patties.

No comments:

Post a Comment