Friday, November 2, 2018

Easy Portable Vegan Asian Coleslaw Burrito




I have mentioned before in a blog post, that a survey found that the burrito is something most people order once a week and not the burger or pizza. It must be because it is easy and not messy to eat. We also are fond of having our Asian food cravings satisfied now and then, don't we. This burrito fixes both these food desires we have.

I was motivated one morning to carry out preparing a burrito with Asian flavor. I was pretty lazy to chop anything so I used a bag of coleslaw mix and dry spices and pantry ingredients. I have previously prepared a similar recipe before that was more involved and yet not as portable as this one. The sauce in the past recipe was too thin. This one which has the right proportion of ingredients did not have that problem.


I know I have a winner of a recipe when I eat the food prepared from it in one day. I did share one with my daughter which I left in her fridge and almost took it back to eat later but she ate her share. That good, really.

I had one waiting for me back at my house in the fridge and I gobbled it.  It held its form and was not limp or soggy. I experimented and air fried half of it, but it was not as good as the fresh as is version.  So there. No need for any other step. Just mix, roll and eat!

Easy Portable Vegan Asian Coleslaw Burrito


1\4 cup peanut butter
1-2 tbsp soy sauce (or to taste)
2 tbsp sesame oil (you can lessen this to 2 tsp to just give that taste of sesame oil)
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp sweetener or to taste
Juice of one small lime
1/8 tsp dry red chili pepper
1 bag coleslaw
6 stalks green onions, chopped
1/2 cup cashews or mixed nutes
8 large tortillas
Romaine lettuce leaves

Mix all the ingredients from the peanut butter to the red chili pepper in a large bowl with a fork or whisk. Add to the sauce mixture the coleslaw and green onions and mix till the sauce is distributed all over the vegetables. Add the cashews.

Warm the tortilla for 8 seconds in the microwave to make it more pliable. Line the tortilla with lettuce leaves and  top with the filling leaving an inch space on the sides. Fold the two sides and then the top over and roll into a cylinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment