Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Feeling a Loved One's Presence



When our loved ones pass away, it takes time to get over our grief and during those times we would have this longing to be with them and talk to them again.  This particular need was very evident from the face of a woman who came with a relative to see  the Angel Ladies at my favorite restaurant.  The latter ladies are mediums who used to occupy an office at the third floor of this restaurant. When I asked the woman if she had lost a loved one recently, she said yes with sadness in her voice as well as her eyes.  The relative with her had seen the mediums and believed in them. The hope for the same experience was painted all over the face of this woman as she talked to me.

I have lost many close friends, Lena, Kathy and Emma, these past three years or so.  Every time I pass the streets where they lived I would have this sinking feeling in my stomach and gnawing pain and sadness in my heart.  We have shared many things together as associates of the Sisters of St. Joseph.  We supported each other and just loved being in each others' presence. I particularly miss talking to them.

 No I never sought the mediums. However, I do now and then sometimes impart meaning and significance to certain events that give me the hope that they somehow are expressing their hello to me from the other side.  

This past weekend, I attended the yearly Sisters of St. Joseph Baden Auxiliary luncheon which was held this year at the Sheraton Hotel in Mars, PA and was attended by 500 people.  Among the multitude of people in the middle of the long lobby where they were selling baked goods, I saw a friend, Mary Anne, from some group I belong to or activity I attend but I could not place her right away. She approached me and said we attend the same Line Dancing Class at a gym. When I asked her how she knew about the affair, I was pleasantly surprised that she did through an associate of the Sisters of St. Joseph, my late friend Kathy. Kathy, she and a host of her other friends with her were from the same pediatric department. When I heard this, something in me immediately put some significance to this. Could Kathy be giving a sign to me, namely that she misses me and the other associates too as we miss her? I was trying to explain to Mary Ann about what our meeting meant to me but I could not.  I was too overjoyed I was breaking into tears. 

Anyway whether what I perceived the significance about this meeting was real does not matter to me.  For that moment during the chance meeting, I have felt my friend, Kathy's presence, and it made me happy. I know that is what she wanted and I get the message.




No comments:

Post a Comment