Thursday, May 16, 2019

Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Bone-in Pork Loin Roast


I adapted this easy delicious pork dish from the most popular recipe in the Food52 website. One comment described it as fusion adobo, a popular Filipino dish since it does have its characteristic ingredients, garlic, soy sauce and vinegar. This recipe however has brown sugar and sage not found in adobo.

Food52 used pork tenderloin when it first published the recipe and then switched to pork shoulder in a later version. Both were boneless cuts of pork. In this adaptation I used bone-in pork loin roast which luckily fitted the Aroma Brand rice cooker/s!ow cooker I used. I decreased the water to half cup rather than the one cup the recipe called for and also added carrots and potatoes. I also just dumped all the ingredients in one step.

My picky taster, my husband, gave this two thumbs up. My friend, Claire , who is recovering from surgery and with whom I shared this dish , texted me that it made for a great dinner.

Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Bone-in Pork Loin Roast

Adapted from this recipe

  • 4 garlic cloves, minced 
  • 2 tsp ground sage 
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper 
  • 4 bay leaves 
  • 1/2 cup water 
  • 1 cup brown sugar 
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce 
  • 2 tbsp yellow mustard 
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch 
  • 5 lbs bone in pork loin roast 
  • 2 cups baby carrots 
  • 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed 

Add all the ingredients in the slow cooker in the order shown. Cook on high for  six hours. I cooked mine in an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 5 hours at slow cooker setting.

Serve over rice.

Note: You can refrigerate the dish for a few hours or overnight and remove the fat if you like and reheat.



























No comments:

Post a Comment