Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Cravings


I really do not know when a craving for a certain food will come to me. One time for some reason on my way to my Zumba class I caught a whiff of fried chicken when I entered the gym.  I could not get out of my system the longing for chicken coated with heavy crispy breading the whole time I was in my dance class.  I could hardly wait to go to KFC but surprisingly I got lazy to drive to the other side of town for this dish.  I actually was able to wait two weeks later when we celebrated Father's day at Wooden Nickel where my husband and I savored crispy fried chicken wings as our appetizer.  So good.



Another time while I was at a weekday Mass, out of the blue, I had this yearning for Indian food. I was really distracted while I was salivating for the rich curry spiced dishes but then again it was easy to daydream during Mass.  I was on a mission to hit an Indian restaurant in town for lunch.  However, for some weird reason during this same Mass, my craving switched to Chinese food, specifically pepper steak.  This took me by surprise. How did that happen?  I am not sure what triggered this change in my palate. Update: The Indian curry won and I went to Mintt Indian Restaurant.



One thing I have cravings for most of the time is Panera bagels.  Two weeks ago, I dropped by at the Monroeville branch and picked up a dozen of them. While munching on one at the restaurant before going home, a lady remarked that I must be feeding a crowd when she saw the package of bagels on my table.  If she only knew that I would be having two more when I got home.



Cravings are my motivators for preparing the dishes in my food blog.  I could not always just go to a restaurant to satisfy my yearning for Filipino dishes since there is none in Pittsburgh. I have recreated dishes I have had during a trip or cruise like the oxtail stew from our Alaskan cruise and the rum raisin ice cream.  In a way, cravings have been good in making my blog interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment