Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Magical surreal moment

 




April 11, 2022 a day I was waiting for.

Finally I was back to another sort of home.

The Webb's gym.  I went into a new aerobics room.  

With trendy grey blue two tone paint now.

Beautiful.  A hug from Beth, the zealous instructor, greeted me. 

Then people from two years back from the class trickled in.

And the cardio walk class started.

Upbeat music.  Reinvigorating music. 

Some familiar.  My favorites.

Then this feeling came over me.

I felt I woke up from a dream.

I was blinking. I could not believe

THIS DAY WILL COME BACK.

TO SAFELY EXERCISE WITH FRIENDS.

SAME FEELING of joy during class but something else.

Gratitude. Appreciation of something precious 

BEING BACK.  Generous devoted instructor.  

Co exercise healthy goal oriented friends.

Familiar faces.  It is comforting to be home.

Grateful.  I kept on reminding myself.

Wake up.  This real.

I felt like Gulliver waking up except I was no giant pinned down.

Perhaps in emotion.  Blink. It is real. Two years of waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment