Tuesday, May 28, 2024

I know I know they grow

 




I know I know they grow 

As in grow up

But I do not want them losing

the impish innocence

that dependence

even annoying defiance

That cuteness

Cuddliness

Gone gone those days

Sad am I and annoyed 

especially when smart-alecky quips made

Like the conversations i heard from the backseat of my car

     luca:  people get lazy when they get old.  like lola maddie asked luca..

And this

     Luca:  she does  not do anything.  Maddie:  she does zumba

Btw fb survey:  how do you know when people are old

   one 7th grader:  they do zumba

there you go.  wisdom?? from luca confirmed.  btw i was mad.  

     When i pick him up at bus stop guess how he greets me:  fake mama  what!

Last summer i heard them singing what i thought was a song they learned in plum daycare. It turned out a taylor swift song bad blood. They are swifties and actually just been to her concert recently. They love this song and sang it at our time  in a recent vacation in orlando and bravely in karaoke at copa loca venue at resort. See link to videos. 

now and then

The sweetness I cherish 

Thank God has not perished

Unexpected kind gestures 

       During time in Daytona when luca learned i was staying behind in the hotel suite instead of going down with them to the beach Luca gave me the clicker for the TV so i don’t get bored  

Admirable behavior when he came with me during my line dancing class at plum center  the class members adored him  


Yes we do change 

I can hear him say

Yes lola aka grandma suck it up

I am still me

Let it be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment