Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Three Little Words to Say When You Have Self-doubts


A friend of mine kept on nominating me to be a member of the Board of Directors in an organization we belong to.  I have failed to make it twice already in the past but she kept on believing in me and sending in my name during election time.  I felt like turning it down the third time she did but then I saw the following quotes in Glamour Magazine that I happened to borrow from my daughter's stash of reading materials.  The first quote on the page from the magazine shown below helped me overcome any self-doubts I had.  I accepted the nomination and to my surprize and delight I was elected.






I reproduced the quote below in the form of a poster.  It contains the three little and yet empowering words that made me say yes.   Just as I was writing this post, I got an email informing me that I am being nominated for something I did not feel I was worthy of but I overcame my fear with these three little words.  Somehow saying them dispelled any lack of confidence on my part.  I do not feel cocky though.  I just feel grateful to God and accept whatever gifts He had given me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment