Thursday, October 13, 2016

Microwave Sweet Potato Cranberry Cookies (gluten free)







I wanted cookies to serve my gluten free guests during my parties without resorting to using expensive gluten free flour.  Since I would be busy preparing food for my other guests who do not have to adhere to that diet, I wanted something that can also be prepared in less than fifteen minutes.  I came up with this recipe for that purpose.  I use the microwave to bake it for further speed in preparation.  There are only three ingredients and they are plant based.  No oil or butter, eggs, dairy, added sugar and flour were used. Yet these cookies are delicious. See the three magic ingredients below.

Microwave Sweet Potato Cranberry Cookies

Yields 5 cookies
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup cooked sweet potato 
  • 2 tbsp dry cranberries
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon or nutmeg or cardamon or pumpkin spice (your choice), optional
Mix the banana and sweet potato in a small bowl with a fork. Add the cranberries.

Divide the mixture into 5 portions. Place in round shapes into a microwaveable plate with spaces between them and the middle of the plate empty.

Microwave for 5-6 minutes.  Flip after 4 minutes for even cooking.  Microwave till no longer mushy but not burnt either.  The cookies are pliable but they can be picked up.  I used a 1100 watt microwave oven.






No comments:

Post a Comment