Friday, May 5, 2017

Slow Cooker Three Ingredient Spaghetti Dish





When we were on vacation at the Marriott Vacation Club Grande Resort in Orlando, Florida I decided to cook up a storm one day while my family went swimming. Here are photos of the beautiful place we stayed at.









I went grocery shopping in the morning and spent about a hundred plus dollars on food and other stuff  that we needed that week.  I planned a menu of Sloppy Joes, beef chuck with mushroom sauce and chicken adobo for the week that I would cook in the morning that day.

IGA grocery's butcher was away for a vacation or something and they did not have any ground beef or beef chuck steak that day.  I had to change my plan and switched from Sloppy Joes to sausage spaghetti dish and from beef chuck steak to pork chop with mushroom sauce.

Using Italian sausage worked out well since it was already seasoned so I did not have to buy the herbs and spices to flavor it.  I used bottled pasta sauce and spaghetti pasta to complete the meal plus a small bottle of Parmesan cheese.  For a family of four adults we ate this for lunch and later as leftovers for anybody who wanted it for lunch or dinner or even breakfast in my case.

Yesterday I wanted to see how the stove top version that I prepared at the resort kitchen would fare using a slow cooker.  Once again my trusty slow cooker delivered. It was as delicious as the stove top version and more convenient to prepare.

How much easier can preparing a dish gets. You use a short list of ingredients with guaranteed flavor to please your family and your guests in a large gathering. Plus on vacation, if you use a slow cooker you would not miss the swimming either like I did since while this dish cooks you can forget it and be there with them.  I wish I had brought my slow cooker or inquired about borrowing one while at the resort. I also could have cooked one dish at a time by dumping the ingredients in the morning before setting out to the amusement parks and come home to a warm dish rather than cooking all three dishes at one time. Now I know.


Slow Cooker Three Ingredient Spaghetti Dish


  • 1 lb Italian sausage, either sweet or mild or hot
  • 1 and 1/2 bottles pasta sauce of your choice
  • 1 lb linguine or spaghetti dry pasta prepared according to package directions

Remove the casings from Italian sausage if using links and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in the slow cooker and add the pasta sauce.  Cook for 3 hours at high or 6 hours at low setting.  I cooked mine in an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 2 hours at slow cooker setting. Pour over the prepared pasta and serve with Parmesan cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment