Monday, May 15, 2017

Egg Cheese Pimiento Spread





My sister Bebeng prepared this favorite Filipino spread this morning. I could not help eating it with pan de sal or Filipino rolls for my breakfast. It is melt in your mouth good.

It differs from the cheese pimiento spread recipes I have posted in this blog, see this and this, with the addition of hard boiled eggs. This additional ingredient enhances the moistness and richness of the spread.

You get both egg and cheese spread in one. What more could one want in simple decadence. Double joy!

My sister Bebeng is on the extreme right. This was taken yesterday during  a Mothers Day celebration. Left to right, me,  Menchie, another sister, Chris, Queenie, Bebeng.

Egg Cheese Pimiento Spread

  • 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 oz bottled pimiento, diced and drained
  • 6 hardboiled eggs, chopped
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 stick butter, softened

Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl with a fork.

Spread over bread or crackers.


No comments:

Post a Comment