Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Cold Zucchini Noodles with Sesame Peanut Sauce


My daughter arrived at my house with a box and a grocery bag with a large zucchini in her arms. She then unwrapped the box to reveal a spiralizer, an OXO brand.



I told her I had a small spiralizer and I have to confess I was not a fan of it.  Then she just started making linguine sized spiralized noodles from the zucchini. It was done quickly with not much effort from the twenty dollar gadget she bought from the Home Goods store. She then asked me to make the peanut sauce given in the booklet.  It was again very easy to make.  I find it actually better than a similar one I have featured before in this blog. My son-in-law liked the sauce and so did I.  It went well with the raw zucchini noodles. I like the proportion of the ingredients of the sauce which was adapted by the OXO pamphlet from Mark Bittman's book How to Cook Everything.

Cold Zucchini Noodles with Sesame Peanut Sauce

Recipe adapted from the OXO Spiralizer user pamphlet
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Water
  • one large zucchini spiralized into linguine size or whatever size you prefer
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions
  • pepper flakes, optional
Mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the water, the zucchini noodles and green onions with a whisk.  Add water to thin it out to the consistency you prefer.  Add the sauce to the zucchini noodles.  Garnish with the green onions and add pepper flakes if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment