Sunday, July 23, 2017

Stir Fried Mushrooms




I was at my Zumba class when I had this craving for Chinese food at the Fortune buffet at our Miracle Mile Mall. This dish is one of my favorites at this place.

I bought two packages of button mushrooms waiting to be used in the fridge. It was on sale for only 69 cents per package at Aldis Grocery Store. I did not want them to spoil so instead of hitting the buffet I stir fried them to fix my craving for Chinese food.

Here is the recipe. I almost ate the whole thing with brown rice and steamed broccoli.  You might too.


Stir Fried Mushrooms


  • 16 oz button mushrooms, whole or cut in half if large
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbsp miso paste
  • 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch in 1/2 cup water

Heat the oil at medium heat in a wok or saute pan.  Add the mushrooms and saute till they are soft. 

Add the onions and garlic and continue to stir the mixture till the onions are cooked. 

Mix the miso paste, soy sauce, sugar and water in a small bowl. Add to the mixture in the pan and heat with stirring. 

Add the cornstarch slurry and heat through till the sauce thickens.


No comments:

Post a Comment