Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Slow Cooker Pork Loin in Red Wine




The combination of the ingredients in the recipe I found in Allrecipes.com filled me with a bit of skepticism when I read it.  Frenchy red wine and Asian soy sauce! But it worked.  In fact my husband gave it two thumbs up.  The simmering of the ingredients in the crock pot helped blend them together like diverse voices in a choir. It is an easy and elegant dinner to serve to guests especially if they hear it was made with red wine.  Frenchy. I added sliced onions to the mix to further flavor the au jus.

Slow Cooker Pork Loin in Red Wine


Adapted from this recipe


  • 2 lbs whole or sliced pork loin (I used sliced ones)
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 3 tbsp garlic, minced
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1-1 oz envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 3/4 cup red wine
  • black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in the crock pot.  Cook for 3 hours on high setting or 6 hours at low.  I cooked mine in an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 2 hours at slow cooker setting.

Serve with rice or potatoes and steamed vegetables.  Do not forget to serve with the sauce or au jus.


No comments:

Post a Comment