Friday, December 15, 2017

Slow Cooker Vegan Carrot Potato Soup



It is definitely winter these past two weeks here where I live. It has been cold, namely that type of weather that makes you want to go home to a cup or two of hot soup. Here is an easy, healthy and delicious one.

I had a similar soup at my favorite restaurant, Flowers in the Attic, located five minutes from my house. Below is a picture of the soup with the portobello sandwich I ordered with it.  Oops I already ate the soup by the time I took the photo. It was that good.



Slow Cooker Vegan Carrot Potato Soup


  • 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 cup baby carrots
  • 1 cup celery, chopped
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 tbsp dry onion flakes
  • 1 tsp dry garlic flakes
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 cup non dairy milk
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • pepper to taste
  • dash each thyme, paprika, cayenne and oregano

Add all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook for 3 hours at high setting or 6 hours at low. I cooked mine in an Aroma brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 2 hours. 

Mash the mixture or use a stick blender till smooth or to the consistency you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment