Tuesday, March 19, 2024

The past in memories

 


News of death announced during a weekday mass  

Triggered wonderful memories amidst the shock  

Made me emotional. I sobbed.  

Images from the past came 

One...during my daughter’s wedding. 

He officiating.

Sincerely expressing his delight

And saying he is happy to see

children grow up before his eyes

Getting married. 

The videographer caught me wiping a tear when I heard him say this.

I did not know he was interested in or noticed them.

Then at his funeral mass.

Our lives when he was with us as pastor

Flashed before my heart not just my eyes  

They filled it.  

Before his funeral mass

When I read the write-up on the program

And came to the name of our parish on the program 

Again, a sinking feeling in my heart I felt

And I cried with sadness.

Thanks, Fr Mike Decewicz for being part

Of the our lives as a young

Growing family.  


No comments:

Post a Comment