Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Vegan Four Ingredient Sweet Potato Dip



I tried a cheese sauce made from potato and carrots from the web but I found it too tart.  Tasting what I made from this recipe I realized it really only needed the garlicky taste with the nutritional yeast. So I made a batch of my own tweaked recipe.  Instead of using the vegetable duo I used sweet potato, my favorite superfood.  I eliminated the rest of the ingredients and presto I was happier with the result.  Here is the simple recipe.  I do like using dry minced garlic for convenience but you can use fresh. I used a Cuisinart small blender for this recipe since I prepared a small batch. The recipe goes well with tortillas. 



Vegan Four Ingredient Sweet Potato Dip

  • 1 sweet potato (about 1/2 lb)
  • about 4 tbsp vegetable broth (start with 2 tbsp and add to get the consistency of the dip you want )
  • 2 tsp dry minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
  • black pepper to taste
Place four slashes about 1 mm deep into each side of the sweet potato.  Bake in the microwave for 3 minutes or one can pierce a fork into the potato.  You can also boil the potato or bake in the oven.

Scoop out the flesh of the baked sweet potato and place in a small blender.  Add the rest of the ingredients and blend till smooth. 

Serve with tortilla chips.  Enjoy.  I did.




1 comment: