Thursday, July 19, 2018

Bagel Sandwich with Muhummara Spread








I am sometimes in a rush from one errand to another I do not have time to have lunch before a fitness class.  I do not want to be hungry doing my yoga for example I sometimes resort to buying a sandwich at Shop and Save before class.  Now I do not have to do that.  I am good to go. I just spread the muhummara into a bagel, put it in a ziplock bag, place it in my handbag and eat the bagel on my way to class in my car.  

I have had this bagel sandwich for my breakfast two days in a row now.  The muhummara spread from this site is that addictive.  I only made a batch for two servings, I wish I made more.  I would be doing that asap.

I skipped the olive oil in the original recipe to make it an oil free vegan version.  It still was delicious and did I just say addictive.  I did not have roasted pepper in a jar or from scratch and just used fresh red pepper as is.

Bagel Sandwich with Muhummara Spread

makes 2 sandwiches

Muhummara Spread

(Recipe adapted from this site)
  • 1/2 red bell pepper (either roasted or unroasted. I used unroasted)
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. maple syrup
  • 1 tsp oats
  • 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
  • pinch red pepper flakes
  • pinch black pepper
  • water as needed
Place all the ingredients in a small blender or food processor.  Blend till the consistency you desire is reached.  Add water to reach that consistency if needed.  I preferred mine to be more rustic or not too smooth.

Bagel Sandwich

Make two sandwiches

  • 2 bagels (I used Panera Everything Bagel)
  • 1 cup loosely pack spinach
  • Muhummara spread (1 recipe)
Split the bagels.  Spread the muhummara spread on one side of the bagel sand top with the spinach and put the other side of the bagel.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment