Monday, July 23, 2018

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Easy BBQ Sauce and Slaw





Martha Stewart scores big on this BBQ sauce. I give it an A+ with some tweaking. I had an option to choose other recipes but I chose hers when I saw the word quick in it. Indeed the list of ingredients is short.  I did add garlic and onion powders to it and used smoked paprika rather than just plain paprika.  I also did use the optional cayenne pepper.  I used this barbecue sauce when I prepared my pulled pork with the easy slow cooker approach and the result is OMG perfect.  Just the right sweetness, tang and heat.   I decided to prepare an equally easy slaw (recipe below) from Allrecipes.  Have an easy (excuse me for repeating the word), relaxed time preparing your dinner, lunch or picnic with this meal.

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Easy BBQ Sauce and Slaw

  • 1 lb pork shoulder or butt
  • 3/4 cup catsup
  • 2 tbsp light brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker except the pork and mix well.  Add the pork whole to the sauce.  Cook for 3 hours on high setting or 6 hours on low. I cooked mine in an Aroma Brand rice cooker/slow cooker for 2 hours at slow cooker setting.  After cooking shred the pork with two forks or chop with a knife.  Serve on a bun topped with the easy cabbage slaw (recipe below) if you like.

Easy Cabbage Slaw
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tbsp vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 cups shredded cabbage

Mix all the ingredients except the cabbage in a medium bowl.  Add the slaw and mix well.  














No comments:

Post a Comment